dimanche 20 mars 2011

One of a kind

Everything you paint by hand is unique. Some pieces are more unique than others though.
Here are pictures of a painting I could not duplicate even if I tried hard.
My family and I spent holidays in Greenport ( Long Island/NY) a few years ago.
At the time , I was exhibiting a series of  paintings in a friend's art gallery and I was there to teach a short workshop.
I was taking photographs on the beach when I found an old , worn and weathered red board. I picked it up and brought it back to the gallery.
I really liked its colors and texture. It reminded me of these swedish red barns my wife and I love.
A few days later I used it as a support for a small painting of a local seascape.
It has been bought by a person who lives nearby...




Acrylic on board ( approx. 23x100cm)

3 commentaires: